Rutherglen Glencairn Football Club
Rutherglen Glencairn Football Club is a member of the West of Scotland Football League. We pride ourselves in community integration at all levels.
Rutherglen Glencairn Football Club fully supports the principle of equal opportunities in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of disability. No applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of disability.
It is in the interest of Rutherglen Glencairn Football Club and those who work and volunteer for it to ensure that all available human resource talents and skills are considered when employment opportunities arise. As such Rutherglen Glencairn Football Club is committed to maintaining and managing a diverse work force.
This policy is applicable to all staff, volunteers, contract workers, spectators and guests of the club on all premises and places of work occupied by the club.
The purpose of this policy it to ensure that Rutherglen Glencairn Football Club complies with the Equality Act 2010 and to ensure that disabled people falling within the definition of the Act are treated equally and fairly.
In line with the Equality Act 2010, in this policy:
· DISABILITY refers to a physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities.
· DISABLED PERSON refers to a person with such a disability.
· DISCRIMINATION refers to treating someone with a disability less favourably than he/she treats others whom have no disability, and that treatment cannot be shown to be justified in relation to the activities or circumstances involved.
· The Club is committed to ensuring that its disabled supporters and customers have as full access as is reasonably possible to make to all goods, services and facilities provided or offered to the public by the Club.
· The Club is committed to making any necessary reasonable adjustments described by the Equality Act 2010 and its relevant Codes of Practice to ensure full compliance with the legislation.
· The Club is committed to making the necessary reasonable adjustments described by the Equality Act 2010 and its relevant Codes of Practice to ensure full compliance with the legislation.
· The Club will undertake such additional works as are reasonably required within the timescales set out in the Act.
· The Club has a grievance procedure in place and guarantees to its disabled supporters and customers that any complaints of discrimination will be dealt with quickly under that procedure.
· The Club has advised its staff that any incident of discrimination under the provisions of the Act is a serious matter and will be dealt with under the Club's Disciplinary Procedures.
When considering persons for employment or as a volunteer Rutherglen Glencairn Football Club will not discriminate against a disabled person:
· In the arrangements made for the purpose of determining whom employment should be offered to.
· In the terms under which employment is offered.
· In deliberately refusing to offer or not offering employment to someone based on their disability.
· In the opportunities afforded to a person (i.e. training, promotions or any other work benefit).
· In dismissing someone or subjecting them to any detriment based on their disability.
Mandatory Review Date (To be reviewed and published annually).
Reviewed on 11th January 2023
Next review date: 11th January 2024